Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week 1 #2--Lifelong Learning

After viewing the 7 Habits of Lifelong Learning, I find that the hardest thing to do is to avoid the temptation to attain goals in a scatter shot manner, like leaping ahead to lesson 3 when I've not started lesson one. Perhaps that's the hardest habit for me, #1--begin with the end in mind, and determining the steps in a sequential manner to achieve the goal. Although I try to do that when teaching and project planning, I get easily sidetracked, with all the ideas, conversations and activities going on out there. I do not consider myself a random learner, but rather a sequential, organized one. Perhaps I learn more like a flow chart..if this interests me, I'll go there, never mind that I've skipped the first step, and missed out on important information.
The easiest habit, perhaps because it comes naturally for me, is #3, to view problems as challenges, opportunities to learn. I enjoy learning, the growth and mind-expanding prospects of knowing about new ideas and interaction with them and the possibilities that exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment